Skip to main content

I AM ACTUALLY NOT A BIGOT IF IT'S NOT MY OPINION BUT GOD'S WORD

God loves all people but the things that torque, deceive, and mar that image of God given to us, He has no toleration for because it keeps us from what He knows as His best for us. God’s love is jealous for us because He wants His best for us and His wrath is against anything that would keep us from that Good. Yes, people are free to choose not to let Jesus be Lord of their lives, but demanding that I approve and bless what God states is contrary to His plan for humanity this is what I think is ultimate injustice. I have dear people I love who are gender dysphoric and living a gay lifestyle. I don’t define them by their sin any more than God defines me by sin I struggle with. Actually, my opinion matters very little, but I do believe what God has stated will make for true living and what will reduce a person to mere existence and ultimately numb their souls to become like spiritual lepers where they can no longer feel that their way is not making for life as God desires for them. All of us are born sinners and that’s why Jesus suffered, died, rose again, ascended to heaven and sent the Holy Spirit to empower all who would believe Him to live new lives. People chose to live out the brokenness of sin in many ways. The list seems endless: greed, envy, bitterness, unforgiveness, sexual immorality in its varied forms, pride, narcissism, control, witchcraft (manipulation, intimidation, and domination), alcoholism, abuse, mercilessness and the like. I can’t condemn having been forgiven for much worse than I see in people still trapped by the deceitful mess of sin. I know I’ll be called “judgmental, bigoted, and all manner of phobics” because I can’t approve, endorse or bless what God states will ultimately destroy the creatures of God. But, there I stand and can stand nowhere else. God help me. I love you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 THE FOLLY OF IDOLATRY Martin Luther said that the human heart is an idol factory. The truth is that we were created to know and live by the gracious rule of and in the Presence of God who created us. Our peace, our understanding of meaning and purpose can only be truly grounded in God who created us for that meaning and purpose. The rebellion of Adam and Eve, their decision to do the opposite of what God said would make for life, resulted in spiritual and ultimately physical death. They chose to believe they needed something more than what God had provided. Their doomed attempt to try and live life without reference to God as the ground of meaning and purpose did not make life fuller, but emptied it. They wanted to decide what was good and what was evil without God and the disintegration of human life was the consequence. Rather than living in the Presence of God and by the gracious rule of God all around them, they turned from wholeness to brokenness, from fulfilment to scarc...
  WORKING AGAINST ALL HUMANITY 1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 “They fail to please God and WORK AGAINST ALL HUMANITY   as they try to keep us from preaching the Good News of salvation to the Gentiles. By doing this, they continue to pile up their sins.” WOW! What a startling statement! St. Paul is making it crystal clear that those who oppose and work to prevent the proclamation of the Gospel are actually “working against ALL HUMANITY.” Why would he write that? It is because the only means of the restoration, reclamation and salvation of humanity is what God has done for all people through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That is the essence of the Gospel: Jesus Christ. To oppose and try to silence the presentation of the Gospel is to work against the reclamation of all humanity. Who would want to work against ALL humanity? Satan is the name by which he is known. He hates ALL humanity because every human being still bears the image of God, albeit that ima...
  TIMING Years ago, I head an old preacher say, “The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing.” That statement is an offense to the culture being worshipped world-wide today. There is a lust for the immediate, as a line from an old movie stated, “Immediate gratification takes too long!” We want faster internet, immediate responses to our texts, mobile orders at the ready when we walk into Starbucks. What we want, we demand to have NOW. We are masters at justifying ourselves. “Well, we’re engaged already and we’re going to get married anyway, so what’s wrong with us living together and being sexually intimate now?” God’s timing in human relationship is not arbitrary, it is protective and covering. Sad to say, even some who call themselves followers of Jesus Christ choose to justify their living in sexual sin now, because they promise that they will one day get married. The context where sexual intimacy finds its true meaning and purpose is in the covenant of marriage. ...