TRUE WEAKNESS
There is no one more ineffective than a dead man. There is no hope for change or renovation if it is to be initiated by the dead person. There is no hope of resuscitation.
Everyone born of woman, except for the Lord Jesus Christ, is born with the active DNA of sin embedded in them by heritage and inheritance from Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve lost this indwelling Presence when they rebelled against Truth and believed the damning lie that they needed something more than God had already given them to grow into.
Real human life is to have the Life of God uniting us to Himself and filling us, replacing sin and death with forgiveness and the Resurrection Life of Jesus Christ. True humanity is mankind filled with the Life of God, the Power of God for living each day, and an ongoing adventure of being changed, transformed, and conformed to the Image of Jesus.
Weakness is not a random circumstance in me, but the real condition of my life in every aspect. Apart from a living relationship with God by His grace through the agency of faith, we are separated from Life as we were created by God to know and experience. God alone is the strength of my life, for my following Him, for my learning, growing, and relying on Him to be utterly and eternally faithful.
I live in a state of absolutely dependency on the Lord God because my salvation, wholeness, security, peace and hope depend on Him from start to finish. Salvation is of God alone. Thus, it is when I understand by the grace of God my weakness, that I am strong. For it is that truth that leads me to abandon myself to Him, trusting in His power to finish in me the work He initiated and promised to bring to completion.
My strength has never and will never originate in me. The Lord, Himself, is my strength and song. He is life within me and thus I am alive. If I should be hoodwinked on some point and think I can rely on my own damaged moral compass, finite vision, and ephemeral resolve, I will come face to face with the bankruptcy endemic in every human soul without God.
But now...I know where to go because the Lord is my Shepherd. I know what is true because Jesus Christ IS the WAY the TRUTH, and the LIFE. I can trust the Lord God to keep me for it is HE who has caused me to be born again into real Life and has made me His own child. He calls me one of His heirs because He has filled me with the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of adoption designating me as His own forever.
My hope is in Jesus Christ who has replaced my death and decay with resurrection Life, eternal Life. His Life within me is Life that will never end, can never be taken from me, and will never grow smaller or narrower, but only greater till the day of my last physical breath ushers me into His Presence to be received as a son come home at last.
Comments
Post a Comment